Climate Message in a Bottle
In a meeting next month leaders from 180 countries will come together with representatives from non-governmental groups and the media for the United Nations Climate Change Conference.
Now we know what usually happens at conferences likes. There will be endless pomp and circumstance and lots of boring photo ops for those assembled to show off their fashionable garb. We, however, need to demand more than a fashion show. We need to demand immediate and innovative action to end man-made global warming.
As part of its efforts to get world leaders to snap out of their daze in inertia on climate change, Greenpeace is urging you to send a video message in a virtual bottle demanding action.
There are just a couple of things you need to do in your clip:
* Take a plain bottle. Move it creatively from the left of the screen to the right
* Include a climate message, a green living tip, an image of someone or something threatened by climate change, or do your own mini climate action in the clip: but keep it short! Quick, tight clips of a few seconds are more likely to make it into the final cut.
* Post your video on youtube as a video response.
* Ideally, tell us where your video was shot using the “Date and Map” option on YouTube, so your video appears on our around-the-world map.
* Sign up for the Greenpeace newsletter, if you’re not already subscribed, to hear about the final result.
For more details, click here.